Report from The National Y2K Command Center
from 10:00 am to 9:00 Pm of December 31, 1999.
Y2K incident reports
from around the world since 18:00 PM (Thailand time)
- Fiji: A minor incident involving the shutdown of the island
state Fire-Warning-System for 8 minutes was reported by
the authorities. There was no evidence that the incident
was Y2K related.
- Kiribati: The Island state of Kiribati reported no incident
related to Y2K.
- Australia: No Y2K incident was reported.
- New Zealand: No Y2K related incident was reported.
- The island of Guam: The first part of the United State
of America to hit the millenium roll-over reported no Y2K
incidents including the US Military stationed there.
Thailand Y2K Status
No major Y2K related
incidents were reported to The National Y2K Command Center
located at the Telephone Organization of Thailand (TOT)
headquarter at Changwattana neither from the Thai public
via the center hot-line number 1200 nor The Government Y2K
Command Centers around the country.
A total of 540 telephone
calls was received by The National Y2K Command Center in
Bangkok. The calls could be summarized as follow:
- Telephone Calls for information (446 calls)
- Incidents report (94 calls).
All incidents report calls were monitored and co-ordinations
were made to concerned government departments and public
enterprises. They were later determined not to be Y2K
- Most incidents called to The National Y2K Command Center
involved the problems with malfunction of the telephone
handset for example, unable to connect to a particular telephone
number or mobile phone. A total of 31 calls can be categorized
into this category.
- A total of 21 telephone calls involved malfunction of
household utilities such as water supply and blackouts.
- A total of 22 calls involved malfunction of household
electric appliances such as television. Among these 22 calls,
one call was received concerning an ATM machine which was
reportedly providing an inaccurate balance.
The rest of the calls
received (20) did not have any relation to Y2K incidents at
Last Updated 31/12/99, 23.00